What Next for Regent Students?
At Regent College students are able to achieve a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business over two years – but what happens next?
There are a variety of options available to our HND students:
The Student Welfare Officer and Unit Leaders offer ongoing careers advice and guidance to students, and both the Academic Principal and the Vice Principal also see students on a one-to-one basis to respond to their future concerns. As students reach the end of their two years of study at Regent College different kinds of advice and guidance have been offered:
- Those students who have successfully completed and achieved the Pearson HND Business award, and who wish to make application to university to continue their studies at honours undergraduate degree level, are offered support either through the UCAS system (which is overseen within central administration but with support from a nominated Cohort Leader), or by making direct application to their chosen university or institution of higher education. Regent College has established links with some universities that have London campuses to recommend and ease the progression journey
- There is tutorial and academic support for students who have completed their two years of study but have outstanding coursework submissions and/or resubmissions; there is no additional charge made to students and their registration with Pearson is maintained to allow them to complete the award.
- Some students choose to repeat their second year of study at Regent College in order to achieve the award of the Pearson HND, particularly if personal circumstances have impacted negatively upon their time of study.
- General advice and guidance, and referring students to external agencies who may help with their career aspirations.
- Advice is offered on the preparation of application forms and CVs for making job applications, and the provision of references from the College that are requested are responded to in a timely manner. Regent College staff have good relations with students and so we will always accentuate the positive in responding to reference requests.
There is clear and exciting evidence that students from Regent College do progress effectively, and one year on from achieving the HND have now graduated from University.
Ameen Olorunnimbe has contacted us to say that he has achieved a BA (Hons.) in Business at the University of West London, and attended his award ceremony at Wembley Stadium on 21 July 2016 (see picture); he has also been accepted to progress to a Master’s Degree in International Business and Commercial Law starting in September 2016. One of our tutors also received the following touching email from a former student:
“Maybe because you were the one who insisted and encouraged me to continue my studies I feel that I should write you. I just wanted to let you know that I have graduated with a 1st Class Business Management with HR Degree and from October I’ll work as a GAA at University.
Thank you for not letting me stop building my career. Adriana.”
We wish all our students both past and present every success in their careers, and will continue to support your needs to the utmost extent to help you achieve your ambitions.
What is the difference between HNC and HND?
Your higher education is one of the most important chapters in your life and det…
Visions and Dreams
Amelia’s story It started with a dream. I dreamed of orange sand. I dreamed of w…
TiC Student Business Fair
1 Step Further… is a 3-day Business Exhibition for established and aspiring busi…