Should I take a Health and Social Care Degree?
Many say working within the dynamic sector of Health and Social Care is one of the most rewarding careers. It gives individuals the chance to help and assist those that are vulnerable in today’s society. At Regent College London, we provide students with a range of Health and Social Care Degrees, whether that’s with a Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) or a Bachelor’s Degree with a Foundation Year Degree. We not only run two Health and Social Care Degree, we also offer two Health and Social Science Degrees.
Whether it’s working within a Hospital, a Care Home, or even as an Occupational Therapist, the Health and Social Care industry has a lot of jobs to offer, and we’ve listed 7 reasons as to Why You Should Take a Health and Social Care Degree and the benefits of taking a Health and Social Care Degree!
- Making a Difference in someone’s life: We’ve already mentioned Health and Social Care is a rewarding career and that’s primarily down to the fact that working in this sector allows you to make a massive difference in lives. By successfully completing a Health and Social Care Degree, you will have not only the skills and knowledge to thrive in this field, but also a huge sense of compassion to care for those who need it the most. You will be able to work with lots of different people with a range of mental and physical difficulties, which gives you the potential to positively impact many lives. Those who work within Health and Social Care say the best part of their job is seeing the difference they have personally made in an individual life – how amazing is that!
- Personal Development: Not only are you making an impact on someone else’s life, you will be making a huge impact on yours, for two reasons. Firstly, many say the best investment that can be made is within yourself, by investing in education and a degree, you are taking the next steps to better yourself, personally and professionally. It is then with those skills gained, that you are able to grow, which takes us to the second reason. Learning and enhancing your career with a Health and Social Care Degree will help you flourish in your field of work. By working with vulnerable individuals, you will feel a sense of personal achievement, and thus helping you become a more rounded individual.
- Many Opportunities: Completing a Health and Social Care Degree offers many benefits, including, the diverse range of opportunities it offers. A degree will enhance you chance to stand out to employers. A career in Health and Social Care also opens many doors as it provides career progression and development opportunities. Health and Social Services are constantly evolving which means there are lots of chances to explore different areas of the sector.
- High Demand and Variety: With there being many opportunities to branch out into, that also means there is a high demand for Health and Social Care Workers. There are new services in the horizon and existing services are continually being improved, which allows for a high demand. With a many job roles and functions available, the Health and Social Care industry provides a huge variety of jobs that you can find yourself in. The growing demand correlates to a higher employment and variety within this dynamic sector.
- Global Opportunities: Following on from many opportunities being available, this career also gives you the chance to explore Global Opportunities. Many graduates often find themselves working in different sectors of Health and Social Care around the world, whether that be in a World Renowned Hospital or a charity within developing countries. As Healthcare is required in every country, you will not be limited to one area of the field and within one country. Students often travel all around the world to gain hands-on experience!
- Challenging Career: Not only is Health and Social Care a challenging career, it also means that every day is different. You will be tasked with using different skills on a daily basis to make sure the needs of a patient is fulfilled, which in turn will help challenge you in a positive light. With Health and Social Care jobs being varied, you will find yourself caring for different patients and never knowing where the day will take you. That’s what people say they find the most interesting and motivating.
- Further Study and Training: Lastly, undertaking a Health and Social Care Degree, you will have the opportunity to study further, either within Education or your Employment. You can go on to study Post Graduate Degrees which will help further enhance your chances of employment. Once employed, you will find yourself being given many training opportunities to help you progress within your field.
So, know that you have read just a handful of Benefits of taking a Health and Social Care Degree, you might be wondering, ‘Well, that’s great, but what jobs can I actually get?’ That’s where we come in, by taking a Health and Social Care Degree at Regent College London, you are able to expose yourself to a range of jobs including:
- Care Worker
- Social Worker
- Community Worker
- Occupational Therapist
- Mental Health Worker
- Adult Nurse
- Health Care Assistant
And much more, we told you it’s a diverse industry!
There are many universities that offer Health and Social Care Degrees, but at Regent College London, we know why you should chose us:
- Flexible Timetable: We offer a Flexible Timetable for each degree with helps students fit their study around their busy life commitments! We provide Weekday, Weekend and Evening Classes at our 5 Campuses.
- Easy Travel: We have 5 Campuses based in London and are situated in Harrow, Central London, Wembley, Southall and Kingsbury. Each of our campuses are located 5 Minutes or under from a Tube, Train or Bus Station. Studying has never been easy to travel to!
- Small Class Sizes: At Regent College London, we provide small class sizes to ensure students receive the best 1-2-1 support from their tutor. With our class sizes being small, students are able to ask questions in abundance and feel supported throughout their studies.
- Highly Experienced Tutors: Our tutors are Highly Experienced and come with a wealth of knowledge. This ensures that students are taught the best and highest of standards!
So you’ve had the benefits, the jobs available and why you should study with us, now, you just need to know the Health and Social Degrees we offer. We’ve listed the 4 Degrees we offer below:
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care with Foundation Year
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science with Foundation Year
When and how can I apply?
Our enrolment process is easy and hassle free! Apply today to join our Regent College London campuses in, Central London, Harrow, Southall or Kingsbury. Simply enquire about a course using our enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch soon. Don’t wait any further, take the next step in your career today!
Bachelor’s Degree – Everything You Need to Know
Many students choose to study a Bachelor’s Degree, whether that be straight afte…
Should I Take a Business Management Degree?
Business Management is one of the most popular degrees taken by Higher Education…
All you need to know about a Software Engineering Degree
Software Engineering is a fast paced industry, there are always developments and…