BA (Hons) Business Management Degree
Students choose to study business for a variety of reasons, and exposure to various disciplines. As a result, this programme offers a wide range of knowledge and skills, so you can pursue a career in any professional business-related role, such as operations and service management, customer management, project management or retail management. Having completed the programme at the prescribed level, we encourage you to progress on to a master’s or higher degree.
On completion of the programme, you will be ideally prepared to progress to career opportunities in management or to develop your own business ambitions. The programme provides a grounding in all areas of business management, offering the opportunity to focus on a particular area for post-graduate study, whether full-time or part-time. Postgraduate study options include the Post Graduate Certificate in Business Leadership, the MA in Leadership and Management, or an MBA.
- 80-96 UCAS points (this can be made up of different levels of courses. For more information on the UCAS points for your qualification, go to the UCAS tariff calculator).
- If you have studied in a non-majority English speaking country, you will typically be asked to complete an English language test (speaking, listening, reading and writing). The expected level is IELTS 6.0 or equivalent, with no element below 5.5.
You will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programmes can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone. Applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact our recruitment and admissions team for advice.
MODULES Data insights for business decisions Organisational behaviour Financial decision making Global business environment The graduate challenge Introduction to people management Principles of marketing Career viewpoint
MODULES Digital business and new technologies Enterprise and entrepreneurship (optional) Contemporary business economics Business consulting Operations and service management Consulting in practice Project management Strategic marketing (optional) Customer experience (optional)
MODULES International marketing management Developing leadership and management skills Managing and developing innovation and creativity Dissertation (optional) Consultancy project (optional)
- Course Duration: 3 years, Full time
- Level: RQF Level 4-6
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Assessment: Assessments are by coursework and portfolio.
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable options: Two days per week or four evenings per week
- Campus: Masons House, Kingsbury
- Intake dates: January, September
- Fee: £8000 (student loans eligible)