BA (Hons) Business Management Degree with Foundation Year
What is the BA (Hons) Business Management Degree?
The BA (Hons) Business Management Degree with Foundation Year allows you to develop your study skills and build confidence in your academic abilities, while identifying your own strengths and development needs for progression onto an undergraduate degree programme. Two of the modules enable you to develop your general academic study skills and your employability skills. The other two modules aim to equip you with the more specialised skills and understanding necessary for progression on to a Level 4 business qualification (first year of the degree).
Students who do not have the required level of English language and maths for progression onto the undergraduate degree programme can still enrol by completing the Functional Skills Level 2 qualification in both English and maths by attending additional sessions.
Why Should I do a Business Management Degree?
On successful completion of the foundation year, you will have met the entry requirement for progression on to the undergraduate degree programme offered by Buckinghamshire New University.
Many of our students are in full-time employment or have family commitments. We strive for a diverse student group from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. This helps to create a stimulating and supportive learning environment and is one of the reasons we offer flexible timetabling, including evening classes.
Foundation years are specifically designed for progression to the three year degree. You can progress to career opportunities in management or develop your own business ambitions. The programme provides a grounding in all areas of business management and offers the opportunity to focus on a particular area for post-graduate study. Some of the career opportunities for Business Management graduates include:
- middle and senior management positions across all sectors
- advertising and marketing
- human resources
- management consultancy
- business journalism
- 32 UCAS points (this can be made up of different levels of level courses. For more information on the UCAS points for your qualification, go to the UCAS tariff calculator).
- If you have studied in a non-majority English speaking country, you will typically be asked to complete an English language test (speaking, listening, reading and writing). The expected level is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent, with no element below 4.5.
- These are our standard entry requirements, but we may consider lowering these for students that perform well in interview.
You will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programmes can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone. Applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact our recruitment and admissions team for advice.
MODULES Preparing for success
Knowledge and creativity
Introduction to business management Preparing for success
Self-development and responsibility
- Course Duration: 4 years, full time
- Level: RQF Level 3-6
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Assessment: Assessments are by coursework and portfolio.
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable options: Two days per week or four evenings per week
- Campus: Masons House, Kingsbury
- Intake dates: September, January, April
- Fee: £5500 for the foundation year. And £8000 thereafter for the degree (student loans eligible)
- Full course specification
Regent College London aims to provide current information for our prospectus and website at all times however, it may occasionally be unable to run an advertised course for reasons of operational viability and student experience. In the event that a course is unable to run, or is only available at a different campus, we will advise applicants and enrolled students at the earliest possible opportunity in writing. Applicants and students will, wherever feasible, be offered an alternative course or campus of study.