Bachelor’s Degree – Everything You Need to Know
Many students choose to study a Bachelor’s Degree, whether that be straight after School/College or later in life, either way, it’s a pretty big commitment. It can be quite overwhelming with the different types of Courses and Universities out there, but we’re here to tell you everything you need to know about studying a Bachelor’s Degree at Regent College London.
What is a Bachelor’s Degree?
A Bachelor’s Degree is usually the first degree taken by students and can be completed within 3-4 years, depending on the mode of delivery and timetable. There are two types of Bachelor’s Degrees; a Bachelor of Arts (BA) and a Bachelor’s of Science (BSc), both carry the same levels of qualification.
What is the difference between a BA and BSc Degree?
There’s a slight difference between the two types of Bachelor Degrees. The major difference is the learning behind the degrees. BA Degrees are qualitative and creative lead, whereas, BSc Degrees require a more mathematical and analytical approach. Most importantly, both the BA and BSc Degrees are recognised internationally. At Regent College London, we offer both BA and BSc Degrees.
How long is a Bachelor’s Degree in the UK?
Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree can take up to 3-4 years to complete. Within this time, you will learn a range of skills and knowledge relevant to your chosen study field. Once you have successfully completed your Bachelor’s Degree, you will receive a Level 6 Qualification.
Is a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors for me?
A Bachelor’s Degree is a great way to build your skills, knowledge and confidence to prepare you for the world of work. Studying for a Bachelor’s Degree, gives you a firm understanding on your subject
areas as well as practical experience that will make it easier to progress into further education, if you desire to do so.
What are the Benefits of taking a Bachelor’s Degree?
There are many benefits to uncover whilst studying for your Bachelor’s Degree including:
- Hands on experience: Some BSc/BA Programmes offer sandwich courses with placements. These allow for 1 year of work experience, in the form of internships or paid jobs that allow you to explore the world of employment and gain a hands on experience.
- A great way to stand out to employers: Studying a BA/BSc Degree can help provide you with a stepping stone into the ever-changing world of employment. With a successful degree, you are bound to stand out from the crowd.
- Developing Skills and Knowledge: Undertaking a Bachelor’s Degree, not only provides you with a great qualification, it can also teach you essential skills and knowledge that you can not only take into the workplace, but use in everyday life. You will gain critical skills that are needed in the work environment, for example, developing strong communication and written skills, as well as equipping you with organizational skills.
- Gaining a strong interest: You are highly likely to gain a strong level of interest within the field you study. This not only allows you to explore many career opportunities within your degree, but also gives you a platform to do what you have a passion for.
Is Undergraduate the same as a Bachelor’s Degree?
Undergraduate is an umbrella term used to cover Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science Degrees. It refers to those have completed their first degree. Students who have attained a Bachelor’s Degree are considered Undergraduates as they have gained a Level 6 Qualification.
Bachelor’s Degrees at Regent College London
Here at Regent College London, we offer a range of Bachelor’s Degrees, they can be found below:
- BA (Hons) Accountancy
- BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Business Management
- BSc (Hons) Computing
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science
- BEng (Hons) Software Engineering
What are the Entry Requirements for a Bachelor’s Degree at Regent College London?
Entry Requirements for each Programme can differ, they are dependent on the required UCAS Points attained, as well as the qualifications you currently hold. However, all of our Bachelor’s Degree programmes require you to attend an academic interview as a part of our admissions process. Although we do have a set of Entry Requirements for each course, we may consider lowering them, if you perform well at the interview.
What about the Course Fees?
The fees for the Course’s also differ, they can be found on the pages of our Bachelor’s Degrees.
Am I able to apply for Student Finance with this Degree?
Yes, you are able to apply for Student Finance. We have a specialist Student Finance team, who are highly qualified in helping you through the Student Finance process.
Why should I study at Regent College London?
We may be a little biased here, but Regent College London is the place to study. From thorough student loan guidance to flexible classes, we’ve created a little list of reasons to study with us:
- Flexible Study Classes: Regent College London have classes based in the Mornings, Evenings and Weekends which ensure you are able to study around any life commitments!
- High Experienced Tutors: Our tutors have a strong level of experience within the Higher Education Sector. Furthermore, we offer small class sizes ensure 1-2-1 advice and help when needed.
- Campus Locations with Strong Transport Links: Regent College London have campuses based in Wembley, Kingsbury, Harrow, Southall and Central London; all with a tube station or bus stop located 5 Minutes or less from them.
- Modern Campuses: We have excellent campuses equipped with modern facilities and resources for our students. Our campuses are based in vibrant communities with great culture and exciting lunch spots!
- Student Support: Our student support teams are always on hand to help and advice on a range of topics such as, student loans, UCAS Applications, Careers Advice and general questions.
- Thinking into Character (TiC): A Personal and Professional Development programme developed by Regent College London Co-Principal Dr Selva Pankaj. A free and accessible programme to all students designed to help you think bigger, aim higher and achieve your dreams.
- 20 Years of Education Success with Strong Links to Employers: Regent Group has an incredible 20 years of success within the education sector and continues to thrive and provide for its students to the highest of standards.
- Strong Academic Partnerships: Regent College London has secured strong Academic Partnerships with three highly regarded universities; Buckinghamshire New University, University of Northampton and The University of Bolton.
When and how can I apply?
Our enrolment process is easy and hassle free! Apply today to join our Regent College London campuses in, Central London, Harrow, Southall or Kingsbury. Simply enquire about a course using our enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch soon. Don’t wait any further, take the next step in your career today!
Bachelor’s Degree – Everything You Need to Know
Many students choose to study a Bachelor’s Degree, whether that be straight afte…
Should I Take a Business Management Degree?
Business Management is one of the most popular degrees taken by Higher Education…
All you need to know about a Software Engineering Degree
Software Engineering is a fast paced industry, there are always developments and…