HND in Business (Marketing)
The HND in Marketing is designed to provide and prepare students adequately for a wide range of marketing careers. It will enable students to acquire skills to enter junior /trainee roles in private and public organisations, where there are work opportunities in both in-house departments and specialist marketing, market research, advertising and marketing agencies.
Learners will experience a holistic development of practical, interpersonal, research analysis and planning and higher level thinking skills. The focus is on developing learners for employment and higher education in an ethical manner.
The HND in Business (Marketing) pathway provides an overview of the marketing function. It considers the purchase decision-making process and the variables and situations influencing buyer behaviour. Topics covered include marketing research; promotional activities in response to a target audience; applying and evaluating analytical tools to create a marketing plan; sales planning and operations; and the different stages of the sales process.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is aimed at students who would like to gain a sound understanding of business and marketing essentials in general. The HND in Marketing is suitable for a wide range of candidates including:
- School leavers
- Mature students returning to education (with related work experience)
- Individuals in employment who wish to improve their career prospects and
- Individuals who wish to start their own business.
Career prospects – HND in Marketing
Once completed, you can then study a BA (Hons) Top-up course in various Business related courses. Students can also progress to professional qualifications after successful completion of their two-year programme. The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has four main qualifications:
- The Introductory Certificate in Marketing
- The Professional Certificate in Marketing
- The Professional Diploma in Marketing
- The Professional Post-Graduate Diploma in Marketing.
On completion of the course, you will be awarded a Higher National Diploma (HND).
601/8364/0: Pearson BTEC Level 4 HND in Business
UNIT TITLE BLOCK 1 UNIT 1 Business and the business environment UNIT 2 Marketing essentials BLOCK 2 UNIT 3 Human resource management UNIT 4 Management and operations BLOCK 3 OPTIONAL UNIT 8 Innovation and commercialisation OPTIONAL UNIT 9 Entrepreneurship and small business management BLOCK 4 UNIT 5 Management accounting UNIT 6 Managing a successful business project (Pearson set)
601/8365/2: Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (Marketing Pathway)
BLOCK 5 UNIT 12 Organisational behaviour UNIT 32 Business strategy BLOCK 6 UNIT 11 Research project (Pearson set) SPECIALIST UNIT 22 Product and service development BLOCK 7 UNIT 11 Research project (Pearson set) SPECIALIST UNIT 23 Integrated marketing communications BLOCK 8 SPECIALIST UNIT 24 Digital marketing OPTIONAL UNIT 42 Planning for growth
- GCSE passes at grades ‘A to C’ including English Language, and either a minimum of one A Level at grades ‘A’ to ‘E’, or a BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma, or an Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution; or
- College-recognised certificated learning equivalent to the above. Where possible Regent College London uses the NARIC database to determine equivalents to GCSE and A level qualifications; or
- Normally, two or more years of work experience at a managerial/supervisory/admin level relevant to the programme applied for. This must be evidenced via a personal statement, work experience form and successful interview, and supported by employment reference(s) indicating the duration of employment and the role.
You may be eligible to join an HND programme if you have previous learning that satisfies the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the course you are interested in, normally with 90 credits (subject to syllabus studied previously). It is your responsibility to demonstrate this with objective evidence.
Prospective students who are not UK nationals, or who are UK nationals but do not have GCSE English Language at grades A to C, are required to take the Regent College’s Wembley English Academy English language assessment. If you hold IELTS grade 5.5, with both reading and writing at grade 5.5, you do not need to sit this assessment.
If you do not meet the required standard of English in the assessment, you will be offered an English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to the Pearson HND Business programme.
Course Fees: £6,165 per year
Course Duration: Two-year, Full Time
Level: RQF Levels 4 and 5 (240 Credits)
Awarding Body: Pearson
Assessment: Assignments/course work
Mode of Delivery: Full Time
Contact hours: 60 guided learning hours per unit over 40 weeks for all 8 units per year
Progression: Employment or admission into the final year of a bachelor’s degree (subject to fulfilling the required admission criteria)
Method of study: Lectures, seminars, case study analyses, group discussions and tutorials
Intake dates: January, April and September
Campus: Madison House, Wembley
Disclosure: Pathways that do not recruit the required number of students may not run. You will be advised on alternative options if this is the case.
- Channel Marketing Manager
- Sales and Promotion Marketing Executive
- Communications Planner
- Digital Marketing Executive