BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year
What is the BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year?
The BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year prepares you for a career in the dynamic and competitive world of Marketing. Obtain an understanding of the fundamental role of Marketing in the world of business, and develop essential skills through group projects, real client briefings and guest lecturers featuring practicing marketing professionals.
Modern and career-focused, our programme exposes you to the vital activities of different job roles within Marketing, such as brand-managers, researchers, and consultants. With our foundation year programme, you can dive straight into your higher studies after your school and catalyse your progress towards becoming a certified professional.
The BA (Hons) Marketing with Foundation Year Degree will thoroughly prepare you for a career in the ever-evolving high-stakes world of marketing, through exploration of the field’s theories and supplementing them with skills that are essential in the modern workplace.
Learn with a diverse student body of individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, through a comprehensive program delivered through flexible timetables, including evening and weekend options to suit your commitments in life.
This comprehensive course is ideal for students who wish to fast-track their journey from the classroom to the workplace. Especially as this course is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), which is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Regent College London has joined forces with CIM to give students the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through CIM Graduate Gateway.
Our programme explores all areas involving Marketing and will prepare you for a variety of exciting career-pathways in the field, or the opportunity to expand on your journey with post-graduate study. Prospective careers in the field of Marketing include:
- Social Media Marketing
- Copy Writing
- Public Relations
- Brand Management
- Strategy and Planning
Foundation Year Modules
- Preparing for Success: Knowledge and Creativity
- Preparing for Success: Self Development and Responsibility
- Inquiry Based Learning
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Global Business environment
- Graduate Challenge
- Consumer Psychology
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Organisational Behaviour
- Career Viewpoint
- Data Insight for Business Decisions
- Business Consulting
- Strategic Marketing
- Contemporary Business Economics
- Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Consulting in practice
- Operations and Service Management
- Digital Business and New Technologies
- Customer Experience
- Research Methods
- Strategic Agility
- International Marketing Management
- Consumer Brand Relationship
- Managing & Developing Innovation and Creativity
- Change Management and Organisation Development (optional)
- IMC Strategy and Planning (optional)
- Dissertation (optional)
- Consultancy Project (optional)
UCAS points: 32 (this can be made up from a range of level courses, for more information on the UCAS points for your qualification go to the UCAS tariff calculator)
- We also welcome applications from students studying a wide range of qualifications from around the world. Whilst you can find specific details of our international qualification requirements under our partner university’s ‘Your Country’ page.
- Any student who has studied in a non-majority English speaking country will typically be asked to complete an additional qualification testing English language ability (speaking, listening, reading and writing). The expected level is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent with no element below 4.5.
- These are our standard entry requirements, but we may consider lowering these for students that perform well in interview.
Students will also be asked to attend an academic interview. Suitability for entry to our programmes can be demonstrated in several ways and is not limited to academic qualifications alone and applicants who do not meet our published entry requirements are encouraged to contact recruitment and admissions for advice.
- Duration: 4 years
- Level: RQF Level 3-6
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Assessment: A mix of coursework and practical assessments
- Mode : Full Time
- Timetable : Two full days (including a Friday & Saturday option) or four evenings a week
- Campus: Masons House, Kingsbury
- Intake Dates: September and February
- Fee: £5500 for foundation year and then £8000 for degree years thereafter
- Full course specification
Regent College London aims to provide current information for our prospectus and website at all times however, it may occasionally be unable to run an advertised course for reasons of operational viability and student experience. In the event that a course is unable to run, or is only available at a different campus, we will advise applicants and enrolled students at the earliest possible opportunity in writing. Applicants and students will, wherever feasible, be offered an alternative course or campus of study.