BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship (Top-up)
Businesses are having to adapt continuously in the current business environment, and the entrepreneurial attitude is enabling them to become market leaders. Never before have so many organisations needed individuals who have this skillset to solve problems with creativity which reflects the needs of contemporary business demands.
Our Business Entrepreneurship course looks at how to develop businesses from a practical perspective. It will enable learners to actively develop an entrepreneurial spirit and attitude throughout the programme. The BA (Hons) Business Entrepreneurship Top-up is a progression route from a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business to gain a full degree awarded by University of Northampton, our validating partner.
This course will allow students with a Higher National Diploma (or equivalent level 5 qualification) in business-related subjects to progress onto the final year of a degree. Upon completion students will receive a full degree award in entrepreneurship.
It is designed for the entrepreneur of the future, and aims to prepare you for a career operating in ever-changing global markets. In addition to exploring current thinking in entrepreneurship, innovation, marketing and business development, the course encourages you to develop an interest in starting and managing your own business venture.
If you are interested in learning more about consultancy or want to eventually progress onto postgraduate study, then this course is ideal for you.
On successful completion of the course you will be able to develop your skills for a career in management of SMEs and/or start your own business.
In addition to managing and owning your own business our Business Entrepreneurship course provides the skills needed to undertake consultancy roles, varied management roles or SME specialist roles.
The programme also provide the opportunity to progress on to postgraduate programmes, including MBA’s.
- Entrepreneurial Marketing (MKT3025) – 20 credits
- Opportunity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MKT3026) – 20 credits
- Entrepreneurial Strategy (MKT3031) – 20 credits
- The Entrepreneur Project (MKT4007) – 20 credits
- Global Marketing (MKT3040) – 20 credits
- Corporate Social Responsibility (BUS3001) – 20 credits
- Accounting and Finance for Managers (ACC3015) – 20 credits
A choice of two designated modules offered across two semesters of study which will be made available to students on enrolment and are subject to student numbers.
- Level 5 with a good level of business topics is required
- a pass in an HND
- a Foundation Degree
- a recognised UK or overseas equivalent
- Evidence of English proficiency (Upper B2) (For those that have studied an English HND for 2 years, your completion in this meets this requirement).
- Academic interview at which students will need to show a good conceptual understanding of business and study expectations at Level 6.
- Duration: 1 year
- Level: RQF Level 6
- Awarding Body: University of Northampton
- Assessment: A variety of individual and group-based assessments are used in this course including reports, essays, student led seminars, presentations, posters, portfolios, project, interviews, client briefs and online tests.
- Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable: 2 weekday classes or 3 evening classes
- Campus: Harrow Campus
- Intake dates: September, February, May
- Fees: £7500