BA (Hons) Accountancy with Foundation Year
A Career You Can Count On
Covering the latest practices and theories of accounting, our BA (Hons) in Accountancy with Foundation Year offers essential training for entry into this truly prestigious global profession, along with an impressive range of exemptions from professional accountancy body examinations.
Fundamental to planning and forecasting, budgeting and control, taxation and decision making, competent and resourceful accountants are essential to success in business and commerce.
The initial foundation year offers you an excellent grounding in the fundamentals of accounting and helps prepare you for degree level study. Our dedicated and experienced team will draw on the latest practices and theories of accounting.
You’ll also be able to choose from a number of optional modules in your final year, which include (amongst others) taxation and audit.
Alongside developing your accountancy-related knowledge, we will help you develop lifelong learning skills so that you can reflect on, articulate, transfer and take ownership of the development of your skills, maximising your success.
Our BA (Hons) in Accountancy with Foundation Year is designed to give you the academic knowledge and practical skills needed for a professional career in accountancy.
- Highly knowledgeable lecturers offering group and one-to-one support, ensuring that you can access the help and advice you need to succeed when you need it
- Guest speakers from industry and business, enabling you to ask questions, take part in debate and benefit from their knowledge, advice and guidance
- Flexible study options that include daytime, evening and weekend timetables, allowing you to fit your study around your personal and / or professional commitments
- Small class sizes which ensure that you can fully participate and benefit from the attention of our exceptional teaching team
- A central location offering excellent library and IT facilities, Wi-Fi and well-appointed teaching, learning and study areas in the heart of London’s vibrant west-end
An accountancy degree will develop your understanding of accountancy practices, commerce, industry and finance.
Accountancy graduates will develop a variety of technical and transferable skills that are sought after by a wide range of business sector employers and organisations.
You will learn about commercial awareness and how businesses function, and gain numerical and quantitative skills linked to the business context.
You will be able to solve problems, analyse data and statistics, and have the ability to present information both orally and on paper.
You will also have the skills of attention to detail and strong organisational ability.
After graduation, you may choose to enter industry and get a job as a trainee company accountant or internal auditor, or join a practice and train as an auditor or tax consultant.
An accountancy degree will provide you with a platform to enter a range of sectors, Taxation or Auditing specialist, investment and insurance, management consultancy, and government agencies such as HM Revenue and Customs.
Many of our graduates have gone on to qualify as accountants, with either CIMA, ACCA, ICAS or ICAEW.
Accountancy graduates can also explore graduate schemes, which are long-term employment contracts, often as an accountant in an SME or even a very large, multinational accountancy firms such as Deloitte, KPMG, PwC and EY.
They use large-scale recruitment campaigns and assessments to attract the most promising graduates and have high-minimum requirements.
- UCAS points: 48
- Level 3: Any subjects are acceptable
- GCSEs: Five at grade C or above / grade 4 to 9
- IELTS: 5.0 with no less than 4.5 in any band (Non-native speakers)
If you did not study GCSEs / A-Levels and have non-traditional entry qualifications or relevant work experience we will be happy to consider your application. You will be required to attend an interview as part of the admissions process.
- UCAS Code: N410
- Duration: 4 years
- Level: RQF Level 3-6
- Awarding Body: University of Bolton
- Assessment: Exams, essays, reports and presentations
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable options: Week Days / Evenings / Weekends
- Campus: Central London, Harrow, Southall
- Intake dates: September, January
- Fee: £8,100 per year
- Full course specification
Regent College London aims to provide current information for our prospectus and website at all times however, it may occasionally be unable to run an advertised course for reasons of operational viability and student experience. In the event that a course is unable to run, or is only available at a different campus, we will advise applicants and enrolled students at the earliest possible opportunity in writing. Applicants and students will, wherever feasible, be offered an alternative course or campus of study.
All fields that are mandatory in the form are marked with an *
Delivered in partnership with: